ONENWON INC. Hole In One Insurance – Terms & Conditions
Other words and phrases that appear in quotation marks have special meaning. Refer to Section VI – Definitions.
Various provisions in this Policy restrict coverage. Read the Policy carefully to determine rights, duties and what is and is not covered.
SECTION I – INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
1. Indemnity Agreement
We will reimburse “you” up to the limit stated on the Certificate of Insurance or the maximum stated in the terms and conditions below, whichever is less, for a prize awarded to a golfer who, on the date specified on the Certificate of Insurance, scores the first “Hole-In-One” on an “Insured Hole” during a “Specified Tournament”. “We” will also provide a one-time 50% prize restoration for a second “Hole-In-One” achieved on the same “Insured Hole” at no additional premium.
SECTION II – CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE “SPECIFIED TOURNAMENT”
1. The rules of the Royal Canadian Golf Association (RCGA) shall apply and all golf equipment, including golf balls, clubs, flagsticks and holes must conform to RCGA standards.
2. Each “Specified Tournament” group of golfers must have a minimum of three and no more than four golfers. Twosomes are not eligible.
3. The “Hole-In-One” prize is available only to amateur players who are entered and playing in the “Specified Tournament”.
4. Each golfer is limited to one attempt only. If a “Specified Tournament” permits one golfer of a threesome to hit twice, only his or her initial shot is eligible for a “Hole-in-One.” Mulligans are not eligible. A replay of a ball hit out of bounds is not eligible.
5. In the event the “Specified Tournament” is played at a nine-hole course, the target hole must be designated by hole number whether the front or back nine holes of play. Only the first shot at the target hole is eligible.
6. You must station a competent, non-biased and non-participant “Specified Tournament” official, 18 years of age or older, to monitor play at each “Insured Hole” at all times. The “Hole-In-One” must be witnessed by the monitor, the other members of the group, each of whom must sign the winning golfer’s scorecard. The golf course professional must also authenticate the “Hole-In-One” by verifying yardage, hole placement and conformance with RCGA rules and sign the scorecard.
7. The winning golfer scoring the “Hole-In-One” must complete the full tournament round of golf and complete and sign his or her scorecard. The scorecard must be sent to OneNwon Inc. within 30 days of the date of the “Hole- In-One.”
8. In the event an “Insured Hole” has multiple prizes, all such prizes must be insured by “us”. The prize for each flagstick must be clearly identified on the Certificate of Insurance, customarily by colour of the flag.
SECTION III – EXCLUSIONS
1. This insurance does not apply to:
a. any subsequent “Hole-In-One” made after the initial “Hole-In-One” during the “Specified Tournament” on any “Insured Hole”, subject only to the one-time 50% prize restoration as set out in SECTION I above;
b. a “Specified Tournament” with fewer than 48 players, except with the prior approval of OneNwon Inc.; or c. any claim arising out of fraud, collusion, dishonesty or misrepresentation.
SECTION IV – LIMITS OF INSURANCE
1. The prize value is as selected by the “Named Insured”, subject to a maximum prize value of $50,000.
2. The lesser of (i) the Limit of Insurance shown in the Certificate of Insurance; or (ii) the maximum limit stated above, is the most “we” will pay for a “Hole-In-One” prize.
SECTION V – GENERAL POLICY CONDITIONS
In the event of cancellation of a “Specified Tournament” due to inclement weather, the “Named Insured” must notify OneNwon Inc. within 24 hours of the “Specified Tournament’s” scheduled date, in order to reschedule the “Specified Tournament” or to receive a refund of premium. In no event will this Policy provide coverage for any incidental costs resulting from any such cancellation.
This Policy contains all the agreements between “you” and “us” concerning the insurance afforded. The “Named Insured” shown in the Certificate of Insurance is authorized to make changes in the terms of this Policy, only upon notice to OneNwon Inc. at least 24 hours in advance of a “Specified Tournament” and upon underwriting approval and issuance of a new Policy. Changes to coverage may result in an increased premium. Failure to notify OneNwon Inc. of any changes may result in a forfeiture of coverage.
The “Named Insured” may cancel this Policy no later than 24 hours before the start date of the “Specified Tournament”
upon written notice to OneNwon Inc. This Policy may not be terminated once the “Specified Tournament” has commenced.
4. Notice of Claim
“You” must see to it that OneNwon Inc. is notified of any claim within 24 hours of the end of the “Specified Tournament.” “You” may provide notification by telephone at 780-433-0836, by fax at 780-433-0936 or by email at email@example.com with the name, address and telephone number of (i) the winning golfer; (ii) the official hole monitor; (iii) the winning golfer’s partners; and (iv) the golf course professional. “You” must also submit the winning golfer’s scorecard, or a clear photocopy thereof and official claim forms to OneNwon Inc. within 30 days of the date of the “Hole-in-One”.
5. Currency All claims will be paid in Canadian dollars.
By accepting this Policy, “you” agree that:
a. the statements on the application are accurate and complete; and
b. we have issued this Policy in reliance upon “your” representations.
SECTION VI – DEFINITIONS
1. “Hole-in-One” means a golf ball that is driven from the tee into a hole in one stroke in accordance with the rules of the RCGA.
2. “Insured Hole” means the hole stated in the Certificate of Insurance at the course where the “Specified Tournament” is played. The “Insured Hole” must:
a. have a minimum yardage of 150 yards from tee to flagstick for non-professional players;
b. remain in its normal position with regard to tee box and flagstick placement; and
c. not be positioned in a groove or valley on the green that funnels to the “Insured Hole”.
3. “Named Insured” means the golf course stated in the Certificate of Insurance issued under this Policy.
4. “Specified Tournament” means an official golf tournament, registered with the golf course named in the Certificate of Insurance issued under this Policy.
©2017 The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company (Canada Branch) and/or Travelers Insurance Company of Canada. All rights reserved.